[c-nsp] Problem with 7200 and 12.2(33)SRE upgrade

Jon Harald Bøvre ccie at bovre.no
Wed Jan 4 15:02:00 EST 2012

Hi

You mention DSL, radius and PPP.

We had similar problems some years ago, PPPoA/l2tp tunnels did not come
up from all clients (7206 acted as LNS)
Our upgrade was from 12.2T something to 12.3T something, cannot remember
details.

After several tries of this upgrade on several routers we opened a TAC
case, and had a possible solution back within record breaking half an
hour.
Problem:
Early versions of IOS did not check all parameters coming back from ACS
Radius
We had an errored/missing configuration on our ACS Radius
Somewhere in 12.3 train this behaviour was changed to check all
parameters
Now the LNS refused tho make the connections.
After making the neccesary adjustment on the ACS we had no problems with
the upgrade.
There is a BUG ID for this, search
Later these routers have been upgraded to 12.2(24)T, and one to 15.0
something without problems

Dont know if this relates to your problems.

Also check ATM support in your IOS, as ATM has started to fade away from
newer IOS

Jon Harald Bøvre