[c-nsp] Vlans on an ASR9000

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Jan 5 04:35:38 EST 2012

On Wednesday, January 04, 2012 11:49:28 PM Clint Wade wrote:

> ---------------
> SH Fiber:
>
> ASR
>   -SFP-GE-S
>
> Non-ASR Equivalent
>   -GLC-SX-MM

At Cisco, the SFP-* modules tend to be for routers while
thhe GLC-* tend to be for switches. Although that's a bit
funny if you have a WS-X6724-SFP running in a 6500 (switch)
and then a 7600 (router) :-).

But nonetheless, I've had success using GLC-SX-MM's in a
7201, which is a router by all accounts, although I'm not
sure it's a supported configuration.

I've also had SFP-GE-S modules running in a ME3600X switch.
But that isn't really a switch by Cisco's Catalyst
standards, although it is called a switch :-).

Good times.

Mark.