[c-nsp] Syslog Patterns

Nikolay Abromov nabromov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 09:05:22 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM, Peter Rathlev <peter at rathlev.dk> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-01-17 at 20:50 +0200, Nikolay Abromov wrote:
>> I haven't read what the rest of the guys suggested about this topic
>> but this is pretty easy.
>
> A bit ironic...

I read your question and answered. I don't see anything ironic in that.

>> Cisco is generating CONFIG_I syslog message when running config has
>> been changed.
>
> Nope. It's generated when you exit config mode, no matter if you
> configured anything or not.

Yes, it's generating the message when you exit from the configuration
mode but cisco are also using it to track the changes and I gave you a
way to verify it.   Archieve is not reliable because it is logging
only the commands and SNMP too. The change configuration mib is
sending everytime when you enter in config mode and exit.

--
Nikolay Abromov
Mobile +359 (0) 886 613 413