[c-nsp] Bridging multiple inner VLAN's

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 14:10:47 EST 2012

Hi,

On 20 January 2012 00:41, Brian Christopher Raaen
<mailing-lists at brianraaen.com> wrote:
> You mentioned an ASR9k.  I'm pretty sure that you can do the requested
> task, based on my testing with bridging on an ASR.  What was it that
> didn't work for you with the ASR?

In our particular case we don't know the exact mappings (mappings are
done by an external service provider), so can't create subinterfaces
(EFPs) with the right tag impositions. In those circumstances ASR9k
can not remove vlan tags on ingress and then for the return traffic
impose them back onto the packet, as they are not stored in any map
(only the MAC addresses are). If you know your vlans then there is no
problem - you just need to configure them and make sure that the mac
addresses remain unique across vlans.

kind regards
Pshem