[c-nsp] WS-G5486 GBIC faulty Tx laser

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Sat Jan 21 15:00:56 EST 2012

Dirty connectors?
Connector not fully seated in GBIC/SFP?
   Problem went away when you mechanically exercised the links ?

Did you take the DUT (device under test) and put it back into the same scenario where it was failing to see if the failure continues ?
If the failure didn't continue then I would suspect a "bumped fiber/connector not seated properly"
If the failure did continue, then maybe the GBIC slot has an issue.

Could also be that the DIQ wasn't fully seated in the cage....

Any other work on the chassis the DIQ was failing in ?