[c-nsp] 7600 Owners, failure stats wanted

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Mon Jan 23 09:14:43 EST 2012

On 1/21/12 8:28 AM, James Bensley wrote:

> Even if you've never had a failure I'd still like to know, thats just as
> important.

I should also mention that at my previous job, we had an "event" one
fine December afternoon.  Three 6509s all fried simultaneously: 3x
chassis, 6x sup, 4x linecards.  DC power, and the boys were working on
DC power when it happened.  Interestingly, each 6509 had a 7507
underneath it, fed by the same fuse panel as the respective 6509; the
7507 emerged unscathed.

To this day, the facilities crew won't accept that it was a power event,
even when I point out the phantom -28V that appears on the distribution
panel when the inbound and outbound circuit breakers are all off.  :)

pt