[c-nsp] 7600 Owners, failure stats wanted

N. Max Pierson nmaxpierson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 11:23:05 EST 2012

> Even if you've never had a failure I'd still like to know, thats just
as important.

We have a mix of 6500/7600, all SUP720 (some VSS). All chassis have dual
SUP's (probably ~240 or so chassis) and haven't had a bad SUP in quite a
long time. (4 years maybe)

Our 7609's (non -S) are used to dual-home WAN devices as aggregation blocks
out of one facility.

We have had a few power supplies go bad that I can remember, but not very
many. I believe the thing that fails the most for us are the X2 modules for
10g ports. I do remember tossing quite a few in the trash over the last few
years after migration, consolidation, etc. The SFP+ optics seem to be a lot
better in that department.

-
max