[c-nsp] ASR as BGP Route Server

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Tue Jan 24 14:50:20 EST 2012

On 24/01/2012 16:50, Jake Khuon wrote:
> Also be aware that single-view route-server is quite a different beast
> than multi-view route-server.  The latter case isn't handled by a
> traditional router (at least not well) and would typically be addressed
> via software routers running on a generic unix platform of choice.

Jake,

Thanks to Bertrand Duvivier and his team, Cisco implemented pretty awesome
multi-view RS functionality into XE.  Cisco claim that it scales to
millions of prefixes with low thousands of peers.  While I haven't seen a
large configuration like this in real life, considering the scaling
difficulty of this problem (which you're intimately aware of), if they can
pull this off I will take my hat off to the author of the code.

Nick