[c-nsp] ASR as BGP Route Server

Jake Khuon khuon at NEEBU.Net
Tue Jan 24 20:20:18 EST 2012

On Tue, 2012-01-24 at 19:50 +0000, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> On 24/01/2012 16:50, Jake Khuon wrote:
> > Also be aware that single-view route-server is quite a different beast
> > than multi-view route-server.  The latter case isn't handled by a
> > traditional router (at least not well) and would typically be addressed
> > via software routers running on a generic unix platform of choice.
>
> Thanks to Bertrand Duvivier and his team, Cisco implemented pretty awesome
> multi-view RS functionality into XE.  Cisco claim that it scales to
> millions of prefixes with low thousands of peers.  While I haven't seen a
> large configuration like this in real life, considering the scaling
> difficulty of this problem (which you're intimately aware of), if they can
> pull this off I will take my hat off to the author of the code.

Thanks Nick.  I admit that since transitioning roles, I hadn't been
keeping track of XE.  I'll need to now go find a platform to play with
it on.

Do you know if it supports things like ECMP with filtering?  The config
guide doesn't seem to indicate.  Also it will be interesting to see how
it will handle the BGPSEC cases.

--
/*=================[ Jake Khuon <khuon at NEEBU.Net> ]=================+
 | Packet Plumber, Network Engineers     /| / [~ [~ |) | | -------- |