[c-nsp] Cisco ME3800X/ME3600X - Any experiences worth sharing?

Steve McCrory smccrory at gcicom.net
Thu Jan 26 07:09:15 EST 2012

Hi David,

We are considering these as a replacement for our 3750MEs.

The big selling point for us is their ability to support HCBWFQ which we
can currently only offer to customers on our 7600 ES-20 ports. Comparing
the port cost between the two is night and day which makes them very
attractive to us.

I always felt that MPLS functionality was shoe-horned in to the 3750s
whereas the ME3600 series seems to have been designed with true PE
functionality in mind from the beginning.

The downside is, as you point out, that they are still in their infancy
and there are only a handful of images available so they are bound to be
a bit buggy to begin with.

Steven