[c-nsp] Router 7200 + GE-PE module

Andy Litzinger Andy.Litzinger at theplatform.com
Sun Jan 29 14:42:09 EST 2012

Hi Gert,
  do you know if there is any good documentation on this?  The stuff on cisco's site seems intentionally vague- it speaks only of 'bandwidth points' and that the PA-GE interface offers "high capacity".

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2033/products_data_sheet09186a0080091ce7.html#wp39066
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7200/configuration/7200_port_adapter_config_guidelines/3875In.html#wp1031141

Also, what is the rated BW per port on the NPE-G2?  you hint that you don't get full Gig there either.  Is that purely because of oversubscription, or can you literally not get a full gig on a single port?

thanks!
 -andy