[c-nsp] Router 7200 + GE-PE module

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Sun Jan 29 14:07:04 EST 2012

  Not as good as the ports built on to the NPE-G2, but if you need to get
another GE port like I had to at one point, you can pick up one of the
C7200-I/O-GE-E  modules and put it in your 7200.   As this gives you an
extra GE port that is not directly on the PCI bus to the slots (as evidenced
by it not using any bandwidth points), and seems to perform fairly well.
We have for sure pushed a 250+ meg off the I/O controller port before and it
seemed to do well.   More CPU usage than the built in ports on the G2, but
still an improvement over trying to use a PA-GE card in one of the slots..

---
Howard Leadmon

//www.muc.de/~gert/
gert at greenie.muc.de