[c-nsp] Router 7200 + GE-PE module

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sun Jan 29 07:15:24 EST 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 01:58:40PM +0200, bha Qaqish wrote:
> The module is Gibabit module
> We have NPE-G2 and the we have full interface usage in the engine .
> So how can I  use the PA-GE above 200 Mbps.

You can't.  The PA bus is just an old PCI bus, and not really suitable
for today's high-speed interfaces.

Depending on your traffic mix, it might be possible to move one of the
lightly loaded GE links from the NPE-G2 to the PA-GE, and use the port
on the NPE for the link with more load.

OTOH, if you already have 4 loaded GigE links on the NPE-G2, you're near
the limit of the 7200 hardware, and need something faster - depending on
your feature requirements, a 6503/Sup720, an ASR1000, or a ME3600X might
be suitable.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de