[c-nsp] ASR1002 + ASR 1004

Ian Hiddleston ian.hiddleston at civica.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 10:15:19 EST 2012

We're running some of the ASR1002 modular units in our network at the
moment and are quite happy with them so far. I'm more tempted to run
pairs of 1002's than 1006's with dual RP, but that's just me.

I'd stay away from the fixed configuration 1002-F though, as it's had an
EOL notice already.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps9343/end_of_life_c5
1-678412.html

Also, watch out for the 1002 SFP's if using copper gig, the 4 built in
ports only accept SFP-GE-T, not SFP-GLC-T. Same goes for some of the SPA
gig cards as well.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr1000/quick/start/guide/asr1_q
s2.html - right at the bottom.

Finally, that fixed copper gig management port really means it when they
say management only. It comes hard connected to a built in VRF, but does
have some interesting looking features for recovery in case of a crash.
I've not used them yet so can't comment on how useful they actually are.

Rgds,

Ian Hiddleston

Ian Hiddleston | Network Analyst | Civica UK Limited
Tel: 0845 055 2323
e-mail: ian.hiddleston at civica.co.uk | http://www.civica.co.uk/

■ South Lanarkshire Council drives efficiencies with case management upgrade from Civica... http://www.civica.co.uk/articles/217-South-Lanarkshire-Council-drives-efficiencies-with-case-management-upgrade-from-Civica
■ NHS Northamptonshire streamlines commissioning management with Civica’s SLAM platform... http://www.civica.co.uk/articles/214-NHS-Northamptonshire-streamlines-commissioning--management-with-Civicas-SLAM-platform--
■ Flintshire County Council to streamline departmental processes with EDRM system from Civica... http://www.civica.co.uk/articles/200-Flintshire-County-Council-to-streamline-departmental-processes-with--EDRM-system-from-Civica

http://www.civica.co.uk/http://www.civica.co.uk/