[c-nsp] ASR1002 + ASR 1004

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Jan 30 11:43:56 EST 2012

On Monday, January 30, 2012 11:15:19 PM Ian Hiddleston
wrote:

> We're running some of the ASR1002 modular units in our
> network at the moment and are quite happy with them so
> far. I'm more tempted to run pairs of 1002's than 1006's
> with dual RP, but that's just me.

In peering/transit roles, the ASR1002 also makes more sense
in some PoP's, because smaller, powerful boxes in more
numbers offers more redundancy than one larger one even with
a bit of HA.

But for P/PE roles in very small PoP's, the ASR1006 would be
my first choice if considering it as an option.

Mark.