[c-nsp] ASR1000 - Software Redundancy

Antonio Soares amsoares at netcabo.pt
Tue Jan 31 19:02:27 EST 2012

The logic behind this must be something like this:

4 GB Box
w/o sw redundancy
2 GB for IOS, IOSd allocates 2 GB - the memory consumed by IOSd itself

with sw redundancy
1 GB for IOS, IOSd allocates 1 GB - the memory consumed by IOSd itself

So if IOSd needs about 300MB, I will have 1,7GB and 700MB respectively.

Does it make sense ?

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S/SP)
amsoares at netcabo.pt