[c-nsp] SoO For Every Route Advertised

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Jul 10 09:25:23 EDT 2012

On (2012-07-10 14:28 +0300), Alex K. wrote:

> I've tried vrf export-maps (did nothing as long as SoO is concerned), per
> neighbor SoO is not available.
>
> So the question is, will somebody here can come up with a trick to
> replicate JunOS behavior in a Cisco environment?

Your question is bit ambiguous, but I'm giving it a shot.

You are using IOS's BGP neighbour statement 'soo' syntactic sugar, which
essentially does two things

a) sets SoO for routes received from that neighbour
b) stops advertising routes to that neighbour, if they have that SoO

Before IOS had this syntactic sugar, you'd do it like this

neighbour foo route-map in FOO-IN
neighbour foo route-map out FOO-OUT

route-map FOO-IN permit 100
   set ext-community soo:42:42
route-map FOO-OUT deny 100
   match ext-community SOO42
route-map FOO-OUT permit 200

This latter example works the same way in JunOS. For each neighbour in
import policy-statement you set target community and in export
policy-statement you match for that target community and reject routes.

--
  ++ytti