[c-nsp] SoO For Every Route Advertised

Alex K. nsp.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 10:14:40 EDT 2012

Hi Saku, thank you for answering.

Just to clarify things a bit, Juniper configuration says basically this:

Every route advertised (vpnv4) for VRF A, has SoO 100:1 (alongside RTs, of
course).
Every route advertised (vpnv4) for VRF B, has SoO 100:2
Every route advertised for VRF C, has SoO 100:3 etc.

Now, it's also should be mentioned that JunOS CLI does this within the
export declaration section, meaning every vpnv4 route exported will have
this communities with 1 CLI command.

As far as Cisco is concerned, I do not have the per-neighbor SoO command
available. And besides, it does a slightly different thing – it attaches a
SoO for every route exported from every VRF. Meaning it alters the current
(JunOS) behavior, forcing some changes to be done on downstream routers
matching the current values of SoO.

I did not mentioned that above, I did tried a simple outbound route-map,
though (never mind it suffers the same flow as above) but (taken from
7200VXR, probably will be the same on Cat6500):

R3.111(config)#route-map SOO_OUT
R3.111(config-route-map)#set extcommunity soo 111:1
R3.111(config-route-map)#exit
R3.111(config)#router bgp 111
R3.111(config-router)# address-family vpnv4
R3.111(config-router-af)#  neighbor 1.1.1.1 route-map SOO_OUT out
% "SOO_OUT" used as BGP outbound route-map, set extcommunity soo not
supported

Hopefully this resolves anything unclear in my previous message. Any idea
will be welcomed.

Best Regards,
Alex