[c-nsp] SoO For Every Route Advertised

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Jul 10 10:44:02 EDT 2012

On (2012-07-10 17:14 +0300), Alex K. wrote:

> R3.111(config)#route-map SOO_OUT
> R3.111(config-route-map)#set extcommunity soo 111:1
> R3.111(config-route-map)#exit
> R3.111(config)#router bgp 111
> R3.111(config-router)# address-family vpnv4
> R3.111(config-router-af)#  neighbor 1.1.1.1 route-map SOO_OUT out
> % "SOO_OUT" used as BGP outbound route-map, set extcommunity soo not
> supported

This makes no sense to me, you are setting SoO towards RR, you should be
setting it from CE.
You use SoO to fix CE loop detection which you earlier broke with
'as-override'.

So lets assume 'VRF Green' with topology

Site1_CE1        Site1_CE2
|                     |
PE1------------------PE2

Site2

You want to avoid sending site1_CE1 routes to Site1_CE2 and vice versa.

So on PEx facing Site1_CEx you have
1) incoming route-map setting community
2) outgoing route-map matching and denying on community

Same works 100% the same in Juniper, there it's just import/export policy
for neighbour, instead of route-map.

> Hopefully this resolves anything unclear in my previous message. Any idea
> will be welcomed.

Unfortunately I'm even more confused, as it seems your usage case may be
something else than fix broken loop detection.
If above is what you're trying to do, I'm happy to give exact lines for IOS
and JunOS to do this.

--
  ++ytti