[c-nsp] Problem w/ ASR1001

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Tue Jul 17 02:30:36 EDT 2012

On 17.07.2012 04:36, Mack McBride wrote:
> Intermittent low power (brown out) can give very odd behavior.
> An on-line/inline UPS would filter these out while an off-line/standby UPS may not catch the issues.
> Due to slight differences in the actual ratings of the various components (+-10% usual on capacitors)
> one device may have issues while another does not.  This may not be the case
> but it is at least worth investigating.

Rather unlikely - for one, none of our other devices connected in that
data center are experiencing any problems, most of which do come with a
certain degree of power monitoring (two ASR1001, 3825, 2x 2960S multiple
servers with management cards, etc.) - plus, on a general input power
problem, I would assume all power levels would dip, not just single
feeds ... especially with massive dips I've seen in the env history
(nominal 3V, measured <1V, etc.)
I also assume the DC management has a close eye and monitoring hardware
to ensure their power levels are correct ;)