[c-nsp] Small, Low Power Cisco Router Recommendation

Rusty Dekema rdekema at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 21:21:32 EDT 2012

Hmm. Of the options presented so far, this Mikrotik RB750 sounds the most
promising.

I've found that Linksys products have a tendency to partially or completely
fail on a regular basis for no apparent reason. The Cisco 819, however, is
far too expensive for this penny-ante project.

The Cisco 806, on the other hand, looks great, especially for the 1mbit
application. Is there another Cisco router like that but with 10/100
Ethernet ports? If so, that would probably be the ideal. [I'll be buying
these on eBay anyway, so it doesn't matter if it's EOL. And at prices like
this, one can afford a spare or two...]

Thanks again,
Rusty D