[c-nsp] Small, Low Power Cisco Router Recommendation

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Fri Jul 20 05:46:10 EDT 2012

I'd go with a DD-WRT image http://www.dd-wrt.com/ on
a good (meaning fast cpu and 64+ MB of flash mem)
home router.  It will do far more than a typical
expensive small office router for a lot less, even
things you may not think you'll need now but might
later.  I know you said no Linksys but the Cisco
E3000, aka linksys E3000, is a pretty decent box for
running dd-wrt.  I use one at home, gig ports, I
run an ipv6 tunnel to HE out of it since Verizon
Fios doesn't seem to understand what ipv6 is, remote
management, SSH access, etc. without expensive
software licenses.  Here's a page with some other
soho router options that are equally good for ddwrt:

https://www.flashrouters.com/blog/2011/06/13/recommendations-of-best-rou
ters-for-using-and-installing-ddwrt-open-source-firmware/

David