[c-nsp] vpnv4 nlri in bgp but not marked as > best in order to get into rib

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Mon Jul 23 09:37:55 EDT 2012

Have y'all ever seen this ?

I was learning vpnv4 prefixes from pe far away in my local bgp table, but
strangely none were marked > best.  Sh route vrf one 1.2.3.0 showed routed
to null0 for a /18 that I have as a static in order to advertise larger cidr
to my isp.  So as packets came from internet they were sent to bit bucket
for 1.2.3.0/24 and customer was having no connectivity.

I simply removed import from vrf one and readded it and BAM, bgp marked as
best and installed into rib and customer could surf.

Aaron