[c-nsp] vpnv4 nlri in bgp but not marked as > best in order to get into rib

adam vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Mon Jul 23 10:12:24 EDT 2012

Where the prefixes marked with rib failure? Or simply none of them when
marked as best?
Are you using route-maps or just simple import definitions?

It's scary that BGP could malfunction like this

Well if you saw the routes in BGP than they must have passed through the
import filters, wondering why BGP would not mark them as best, maybe some
failure during decision process
When you removed the import from VRF the BGP must have dropped the prefixes
according to the default RT filters and relearned them once you added the
import back

adam