[c-nsp] Hardware Question

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Jul 30 03:13:18 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 10:15:12PM -0400, Joseph Hardeman wrote:
> I ran the command Saku gave and it is showing the operating mode : PFC3BXL,
> which I assume means that the CFC card is not bringing the SUP Engine down
> any and it is operating in normal PFC3BXL mode.  Which should mean we get
> around, if understand Saku's calculations correctly, then the engine should
> be passing around 32Mpps from this card to the SUP engine.
>
> Do you know of any specific commands that I should run to help me make sure
> that the hardware is running properly and the Line Card hasn't caused the
> Engine to fall down to a B or A mode?

As we both said, there is nothing in a CFC card that *could* cause that.

The point is: if you have a *D*FC, it needs to operate the same as the
system's PFC - and if the DFC is less capable (like: DFC is 3B, PFC is
3C-XL) the system will fall down to the lowest common denominator (like: 3B).

This will not ever happen with CFC cards, so there is nothing to worry
about - but if you still do: the command you used is the command used
to check system operation mode.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de