[c-nsp] simple link aggregation

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Jul 31 15:43:27 EDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-31 at 09:34 -0700, Mike wrote:
> Damm, you are right. My problem is that I have many pppoe subscribers
> on one side of the link, talking to essentially 1 server. So if rr
> isn't an option, then I would likely need to do load-balance per
> source mac on the subscriber side and by dest mac on the server side.

It's always the sender doing the load-balancing, so that should be
possible by just using two different algos on each side of the link.
Alternatively, e.g. if you have more than just two switches, you might
get good results with "src-dst-mac".

I'm pretty sure none of the Catalyst switches can recognise PPPoE and
extract L3 information from the packets, so there's just the MAC
addresses.

--
Peter