[c-nsp] simple link aggregation

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Tue Jul 31 16:24:57 EDT 2012

On 31/07/2012 20:43, Peter Rathlev wrote:
> I'm pretty sure none of the Catalyst switches can recognise PPPoE and
> extract L3 information from the packets, so there's just the MAC
> addresses.

Nope they don't.  src/dst ip address is as much as you can expect if it's
v4.  If those headers aren't there, then it's src / dsc mac only.  Not sure
if it supports ipv6 header hashing, but I suspect not - this sort of thing
would normally be explicitly documented if it were supported.

fwiw, other vendor switches have much better support for this than Cisco.

Nick