[c-nsp] Cisco ASR 1006

Nick Griffin nick.jon.griffin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 16:17:37 EDT 2012

I've got an upcoming deployment of an ASR 1006 on the horizon and was
looking for some feedback in regards to code versions. I've yet to
deploy any ASR's other than the 1001's. On the 6 or so I've deployed
in enterprise environments, they've been versions 3.4 and 3.5,
specifically "asr1001-universalk9.03.05.01.S.152-1.S1.bin" in one
scenario. This particular guy is a fully redundant 1006 with advanced
ip services, in a S/P environment and I was looking for some
recommendations, as far as code and any other glaring things. The box
will sit on the public side, but at this point will probably only
receive a default route. It will also have somewhere in the
neighborhood of 12-16 IPSec tunnels and be used solely for the
tunnels. Overall I've had good luck with the ASR platform, but this is
larger scale and wanted to pose the question.

Thanks in advance,

Nick Griffin