[c-nsp] Cisco ASR 1006

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 09:59:52 EDT 2012

Just make REAL sure the firmware on the SIPs matches the firmware on
the SPAs.  Super bad juju if they don't match.  Looks like you're
already using something newer than 15.1, so you're pretty good there.
No experience with tunnel support on them so no comments regarding
that.

Good luck on your deployment!

--chip

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Nick Griffin <nick.jon.griffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got an upcoming deployment of an ASR 1006 on the horizon and was
> looking for some feedback in regards to code versions. I've yet to
> deploy any ASR's other than the 1001's. On the 6 or so I've deployed
> in enterprise environments, they've been versions 3.4 and 3.5,
> specifically "asr1001-universalk9.03.05.01.S.152-1.S1.bin" in one
> scenario. This particular guy is a fully redundant 1006 with advanced
> ip services, in a S/P environment and I was looking for some
> recommendations, as far as code and any other glaring things. The box
> will sit on the public side, but at this point will probably only
> receive a default route. It will also have somewhere in the
> neighborhood of 12-16 IPSec tunnels and be used solely for the
> tunnels. Overall I've had good luck with the ASR platform, but this is
> larger scale and wanted to pose the question.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Nick Griffin

Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....