[c-nsp] GSR PRP2 Management Interface Configuration

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Jun 5 02:14:48 EDT 2012

> My GSR have two PRP2, each PRP has three management interface which
can be
> configured IP address.
> But the thing is through show ip interface brief, i just can see three
> Ethernet interface, cannot see six Ethernet.
> Now my issue is if i configure the E0 interface as ip address
> 192.168.1.1/24,
> when the active PRP down, will the configuration change to the standby
PRP?

In IOS, the ports on the standby PRP will be inactive, there is no IP
address configured on them, hence you only see the ports from the active
RP, and when the standby takes over as active, it will (obviously) use
the same addresses.

This is different from IOS-XR where the standby ports are visible and
active, and which require an IP address, using the virtual-address as a
mechanism to reach the management-interface by the same address, no
matter which RP is active.

	oli