[c-nsp] Rosen mVPN and NG-nVPN together?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Jun 11 06:15:06 EDT 2012

We're currently using Rosen mVPN in a pure C6k/Sup720 network and are
happy about it. We might end up in a situation where we need to
introduce e.g. Juniper equipment and are wondering if Rosen mVPN and
NG-mVPN can coexist.

Having the two multicast domains interface with each other via non-MPLS
interfaces in a couple of places should work as far as I can tell, but
it would potentially introduce scalability problems.

Is there some smart way of making Rosen mVPN and NG-mVPN coexist? My
google-fu doesn't turn up anything, but I'm not sure what to look for.

--
Peter