[c-nsp] VS-S720-10G (6509 VSS Engine) 10G Port Issue

Xu Hu jstuxuhu0816 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 10:28:27 EDT 2012

Hi Experts,

We bought VS-S720-10G engine for VSS in 6509, but now the customer don't
want use the VSS mode, they just want to use that as normal engine.

So now we are wondering if we use the 10G port for normal Layer2 or Layer3
traffic, will it impact our engine performance or CPU utilization? Is there
any detail document talking about this?

If ok, then by default, each engine will have two X2 port, so totally we
will have four 10G port to use as normal data transmission?

Will appreciate for any reply, please share with me with your experience
about this case.

Best Regards