[c-nsp] VPLS and BPDU

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Jun 13 13:40:55 EDT 2012

On (2012-06-13 16:18 +0200), Daniel Verlouw wrote:

> and note this document only applies to L2CP with destination macs in
> the 01-80-C2-00-00-00 to -0F range. E.g. for Cisco and others
> proprietary stuff using other macs you can do whatever you please.

So would your interpretation of VLAN based options be, that tunneling means
explicitly frames which have STP DMAC during transit? If I've changed the
STP DMAC for EVP-LAN transit, I'm not sending STP DMAC and I'm not
violating the requirement of peering STP?

I'm fearing that I'm trying to be 'clever' working around with intent of
the standard.
But if this is within the spirit of the standard, and I can say I'm EVP-LAN
compliant when I'm rewriting STP DMACs during transit , this is great news.

--
  ++ytti