[c-nsp] ASR9000/RSP440 Console Issue

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Wed Jun 13 17:03:46 EDT 2012

> Just heard that Nexus7k SUP2 does not have CMP. According to Ron Fuller
> and Tim Stevenson customers didn't need it. Here I was hoping we'd finally
> start getting OOB for routers and switches.

You still get true OoB management on the N7K Sup2, just not the CMP
interface.

>From the top of my head, the only situation where the CMP is useful is when
the CP is dead, but then you most likely will want to reload the sup anyway,
and that can be done from the second sup.

That being said, the CMP can't have added much cost to the sup, so since
there are (corner) use cases where it makes sense, it's still kind of
strange that they've dropped it.

-A