[c-nsp] 3550, 3750, ME3400 storage of current sdm template and system mtu

Michele Bergonzoni bergonz at labs.it
Thu Jun 14 04:20:16 EDT 2012

Anybody knows where does a 3550, 3750 or 3400 store the information about:

  - sdm template at next boot
  - system mtu (inc. jumbo and routing) at next boot

I ask because I just realized that backing up image, startup-config and
letting rancid do its work are not enough to completely restore a switch
in case of hardware failure. I did some "sh boot", "more" on files I
found in the flash and nvram, but I cannot find this info. Maybe it is
in the private-config.text, which is unreadable (why?).

I am going to add "sh sdm prefer" and "sh system mtu" to rancid, but I
wonder why didn't they simply include it in the config and save me some
troubleshooting.

If you know more configuration parameters that are not stored in the
config, or you know the logic behind this, please let me know.

Regards,
				Bergonz

--
Ing. Michele Bergonzoni - Laboratori Guglielmo Marconi S.p.a.
Phone:+39-051-6781926 e-mail: bergonz at labs.it
alt.advanced.networks.design.configure.operate