[c-nsp] Packet capturing

Michael Sprouffske msprouffske at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 22:23:51 EDT 2012

I currently have a calix switch attached to a Cisco 7606. I'm doing Q-n-Q to the router and having an issue with customers obtaining an ip address. If I delete and re-create the sub interface for the customer they can get an ip and I see an arp entry. I also looked at my dhcp server logs to verify that it hands out an address immediately after the interface is created.
I have a Linux box setup on a mirror port for packet captures. I'm having a hard time capturing the right packets to see where this problem exists.  I wanna see if the packets are leaving the calix gear and going toward the router. Has anyone had an issue with sub interfaces responding this way? This problem started 1 week ago. Thank you for any help.

Sent from my iPhone