[c-nsp] NTP Servers

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Sat Jun 23 18:38:53 EDT 2012

On 23/06/2012 22:12, Mack McBride wrote:
> It doesn't take much know how to run a linux server for ntp.

"much" is a relative thing.  If running linux isn't your forte, then
debugging peculiar problems with linux is going to look like rocket science.

Again, without knowing anything more about this situation, it sounds to me
like an appliance + support contract would be the best option for this
particular application.  This isn't because you couldn't get linux
experience relatively easily, but more because if this were the only linux
box in a sea of windows servers, there would be a relatively high internal
support cost: almost certainly higher than the capex depreciation + support
costs of an appliance.

I'd run the free unix option, but that's me - I'm sure you'd do the same.

Nick