[c-nsp] NTP Servers

Mack McBride mack.mcbride at viawest.com
Sat Jun 23 17:12:39 EDT 2012

It doesn't take much know how to run a linux server for ntp.  Most of the dedicated ntp appliances are just linux boxes with cmda or gps hardware.  You can probably get an appliance that doesn't have the hardware but then it is just a linux box.  We have multiple cdma boxes and they still require basic linux knowledge.  This isn't rocket science though.  Create account set password use vi and copy. Also change permissions those kinds of things.  You could manage it via the web interface but if you do put a firewall between it and the world.  The firewall will interfer with accuracy.

Mack