[c-nsp] Questions on open caveats for 6500 IOS (12.2(33)SXJ train)

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jun 26 11:31:50 EDT 2012

On 26/06/12 16:06, Andy Ellsworth wrote:

> I have a meeting with our SE (and a Cisco developer engineer) tomorrow
> to discuss this, but wanted the "mob wisdom" to at least verify that
> I'm not missing something.

I think you're expecting more than the release notes / bug tracker can
deliver.

I've combed through the 6500/SX release notes on every version for a few
years now, and they're often wildly inconsistent.

Indeed, they update them quite frequently; sometimes bugs just vanish,
having been listed as either open or resolved caveats.

I conclude that the meta-data which drives this document is pretty
crappy, and possibly driven by 1st or 2nd line TAC engineers making
guesses, which later get corrected.

In short - take it with a big pinch of salt, and don't rely on it.