[c-nsp] WRR Confusion on 6748 blades

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Jun 27 12:20:15 EDT 2012

On (2012-06-27 12:11 -0400), Chris Evans wrote:

> If you don't need QoS features, disable it and you will have the full
> interface buffer for any traffic. If you do need QoS perhaps remap your

Agreed, no reason run what you don't need. I view CoPP as mandatory feature
to any node with IP address reachable from Internet and CoPP depends on
'mls qos'.
If you do enable MLS QoS, you might want to map all traffic to fewer
classes, maybe just 2 or even 1, this way you can allocate more buffers,
instead of dividing it evenly to maximum amount of classes card supports.

--
  ++ytti