[c-nsp] WRR Confusion on 6748 blades

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 12:37:45 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Saku Ytti <saku at ytti.fi> wrote:
> On (2012-06-27 12:11 -0400), Chris Evans wrote:
>
>> If you don't need QoS features, disable it and you will have the full
>> interface buffer for any traffic. If you do need QoS perhaps remap your
>
> Agreed, no reason run what you don't need. I view CoPP as mandatory feature
> to any node with IP address reachable from Internet and CoPP depends on
> 'mls qos'.
> If you do enable MLS QoS, you might want to map all traffic to fewer
> classes, maybe just 2 or even 1, this way you can allocate more buffers,
> instead of dividing it evenly to maximum amount of classes card supports.
>
> --
>  ++ytti

We definitely need CoPP, so I think on the devices that don't need it,
we should definitely re-map the classes to one queue and then tune it
accordingly.

This is all fantastic information. I've never had to deal with
queueing at this level before, so much of this is new to me. I
appreciate everyone's help!

John