[c-nsp] 7600 w/ WS-SUP720-3B IOS 15.x

N. Max Pierson nmaxpierson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 18:48:38 EDT 2012

Hi List,

Anyone out there running 7600 with 15.x code train in production??  We have
a pair of 7609's in one of our data centers acting as a WAN aggregation
block and seem to have hit a bug that's affecting some BGP functionality
and would like to upgrade IOS. We're currently running SRC1 which is a
little dated and would like to see about going to 15.x, but wanted to ping
a few people on the list to see if there were any issues known with making
this big of a jump in code or if there were any horror stories running 15.x
on this platform. 15.1 is what we were looking at, but not opposed to 15.2
if there's no real concerns.

Features list:
BGP (acting as RR's)
EIGRP
WCCP
Netflow
Minimal QoS

Nothing exotic, but this particular bug (which we have not gotten anything
back from TAC yet) is a PITA and I know that the response is probably going
to be an upgrade.

Regards,
Max