[c-nsp] ASR9K limitations

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Fri Jun 29 13:39:06 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 09:56:06PM +0000, MKS wrote:
> We are in the process of evaluating the ASR9K as a next gen platform
>
> I would like to ask you, what was most surprising about the platform,
> e.g. I expected that to be there, or this is a strange limitation.
> Does the ASR9K halv the tcam space like 7600 when enabling uRPF?

The IOS-XR split with the admin mode is a little hard to remember.
I sometimes find myself looking for the command i had a look at
a week ago and after half an hour realising that its only available
in admin mode e.g. show environment power-supply.

Software Upgrade is a PITA - 37 Pages for upgrading in times where
govermental wiretapping software comes with a setup.exe.

The only bug we have had so far was IPv6 native going down on an interface when
looping externally e.g. DWDM transport and not getting back up until ipv6 is
removed from and added to the interface again. We monitor IPv6 interface
operational state seperately since that event. Reason is a failed
Duplicat Adress Detection which is not retried after shut/no shut or
link state change.

Flo