[c-nsp] VRF multicast, multiple receiver VRF, single source VRF

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Jun 28 12:56:11 EDT 2012

On (2012-06-28 12:42 -0400), Ross Halliday wrote:

> That's a decent guide that I referred to when designing our IPTV environment. With Cisco Multicast in MPLS (currently anyway, or at least on my ancient 6500s) you can accomplish the same thing without having to run MPLS, since it doesn't use it at all. The important part is understanding the MDTs, which are just multicast GRE tunnels.

TBH I haven't read it through carefully, but quick skim implies PE needs to
have magic functionality, which would be show stopper, as PE isn't CSCO.

> What are you running for CEs?

Currently some CSCO CEs, 3560 or so. But swapping CEs isn't going to be an
issue, if it means cleaning the multicast side of it.
Currently there is no multicast, just unicast.

--
  ++ytti