[c-nsp] FC connections between N5k and Brocade switches

Lars Christensen perseusdk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 10:59:38 EDT 2012

Hi all

In a large project I'm going to migrate a Brocade FC network to a Nexus 5k FC network. The network consist of a Brocade core switch with a large number of HP C7000 chassis with blade-SAN switches from Brocade (yes, all times 2 for the other fabric).

My initial thought is to create the N5k's as the new fabric switches and then attach the old blade-switches in NPV mode. Unfortunately I'm not sure which feature to look for at the Brocade switches. Maybe it is "Access Gateway", but I'm not sure.

All documentations regarding n5k and brocade assumes, that the brocades are working as fabric switche and the n5k's are working in npv mode.

Any ideas?

Lars Christensen
perseusdk at gmail.com