[c-nsp] 7600 w/ WS-SUP720-3B IOS 15.x

N. Max Pierson nmaxpierson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 19:24:44 EDT 2012

> Always keep in mind that this is 15.1*S*, not 15.1 - completely different
IOS train.

Understood Gert.

I think that for simplification purposes, Cisco has somewhat taken the
confusion out of what the 'latest' train would be for any device running
run IOS. Now it's simply 15.x/insert variable for hardware here/. I think
they went real awry with the 7200 having 12.4(M/T) and 12.2(SRx) which
really confused folks in regards to feature set. Not necessary IMHO.

I've never really understood the 7600 either in regards to the hardware
part (I'm a router, I'm a switch ... Pat from SNL anyone :)

However, I can say that we like how the Nexus 7k has played out so far. A
bug here or there aside, I'm glad to see that there are no
ACE/IPS/WLC/VMWare server in my switch/ modules being made for the
platform. (At least at the moment)  Hopefully we'll be retiring this pair
of 7600's soon in exchange for 7k's.

Regards,
Max