[c-nsp] help with the correct choice of a cisco router

Riccardo Giuntoli taglio at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 05:19:38 EST 2012

Hello there, first of all nice to talk with us for the first time in this
ml. My name is Riccardo Giuntoli and i'm writing from Spain, how're you
guys?

I've got a customer that have some simple task to do and we want to realize
this with a cisco router, those are the points to comply:

   1. ISP will give my customer access with a normal UTP cable and forward
   him 50/50mbps internet access bandwidth
   2. ISP will statically assign to my customer a /29 of IPv4 address that
   my client will forward to others machines in the DMZ
   3. My customer want to statically shape  bandwidth to the publics ips
   (like 3/3 to one ip, 10/10 to another) and reserve a piece to dynamically
   assign between user of diferrent VLAN that will use internet behind nat.
   4. It will be appreciated IPSec VPN support for site-to-site and
   roadwarrior users.

I've thought about 1941 with no expansion slot or 1921. Any suggestions?

Best Regards,

RG.

Email: taglio at gmail.com
Location: Canyelles, BCN, España
PGP Key: 0x67123739
PGP Fingerprint: CE75 16B5 D855 842FAB54 FB5C DDC6 4640 6712 3739
Key server: hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net