[c-nsp] help with the correct choice of a cisco router

Steve McCrory smccrory at gcicom.net
Mon Mar 5 06:06:42 EST 2012

Hi Riccardo,

The Cisco recommended WAN speed for the 1941 is 30Mbp which I think rules this model out for you as you will be enabling a number of services (NAT, IPSec and Shaping from what I can see)

I'd suggest looking at the 2900s or even 3900s for your deployment. Have a look at the Miercom reports for the ISR G2's as they have tested certain models fully loaded with services.

Regards

Steven