[c-nsp] PPPoe Intermediate agent attribute handling

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Thu Mar 8 12:05:33 EST 2012

Hi,

	I am working with a 7201 and trying to follow cisco's pppoe interediate
agent documentation. I find that what the box is doing, is encapsulating
the vendor tags in a Cisco-AVPair tag, such as:

Cisco-AVPair = "circuit-id-tag=someif atm 0/1/36"
Cisco-AVPair = "remote-id=some admin defined string"

	My current radius (freeradius) is configured to use the existing and
defined attribute values such as ADSL-Agent-Circuit-Id and
ADSL-Agent-Remote-Id directly, which are sent from my current pppoe
termination solution. It keys off of the presence of the attribute
ADSL-Agent-Circuit-Id and calls an external perl module to handle these.
I can certainly extend my code to look inside the Cisco-AVPair
attributes and extract the adsl-agent information and act on it, but I
am wondering how others have implemented this and wether I am just
creating work for myself?

Mike-