[c-nsp] PPPoe Intermediate agent attribute handling

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Sat Mar 10 15:26:35 EST 2012

Mike <mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com> writes:

> 	I am working with a 7201 and trying to follow cisco's pppoe
> interediate agent documentation. I find that what the box is doing, is
> encapsulating the vendor tags in a Cisco-AVPair tag, such as:
>
> Cisco-AVPair = "circuit-id-tag=someif atm 0/1/36"
> Cisco-AVPair = "remote-id=some admin defined string"
>
> 	My current radius (freeradius) is configured to use the
> existing and defined attribute values such as ADSL-Agent-Circuit-Id
> and ADSL-Agent-Remote-Id directly, which are sent from my current
> pppoe termination solution. It keys off of the presence of the
> attribute ADSL-Agent-Circuit-Id and calls an external perl module to
> handle these. I can certainly extend my code to look inside the
> Cisco-AVPair attributes and extract the adsl-agent information and act
> on it, but I am wondering how others have implemented this and wether
> I am just creating work for myself?

I have no idea how people usually deal with this, but you could
configure FreeRADIUS with "with_cisco_vsa_hack = yes". See
freeradius/src/modules/rlm_preprocess/rlm_preprocess.c for docs.

You might need to define the "circuit-id-tag" and "remote-id" strings as
attribute aliases for ADSL-Agent-Circuit-Id and ADSL-Agent-Remote-Id to
make this work.

Bjørn